MSX Fair Nijmegen 2021

MSX Fair Nijmegen 2021

by Manuel on 18-10-2020, 15:09
Topic: Events
Languages:

The organization was able to book the same location as the previous couple of times again, Dorpshuis De Lèghe Polder, for the 2021 MSX fair. This time on February 20th!

Things will be very much like last time.... except for Covid-19. So, this will mean that there will be special rules and regulations to adhere to. But as things are still developing rapidly, there is no way of knowing which they will be in February 2021.

So, the fair is planned, but there will be updates which will specify the rules and regulations that must be adhered to. Keep an eye on the site for them!

Other than that, things are the same as last years.

You can come at 9:00 to help set up the room. Everything is expected to be ready for visitors at 10:00.

As usual, no food or drinks may be consumed in the gym, to avoid sticky floors. Buy your food and drinks at the bar and consume them close to it. You can't bring your own.
There will be Chinese food catering again and like last time, if you're interested to participate, you must reserve up front and confirm with payment. The amount is to be announced, but it will probably be about 15 euros. That way, there are no financial surprises when the caterer has to be paid Smile

Manuel hopes to welcome you all there again on Saturday 20th of February 2021, so write that date down in your agenda!

As usual, all information and details, such as location and the booth registration that should appear two months before the event, can be found on the MSX Fair Nijmegen website.

Relevant link: MSX-Fair Nijmegen website

Comments (19)

By Latok

msx guru (3791)

Latok's picture

19-10-2020, 21:15

I like this. Make plans.

By Grauw

Ascended (9392)

Grauw's picture

19-10-2020, 22:22

It would have been the easy choice to skip this year, but I’m glad of Manuel’s perseverance and here’s to hoping the situation in February will allow the event to go through. I will be there!

By Wolverine_nl

Paragon (1128)

Wolverine_nl's picture

20-10-2020, 08:27

Grauw wrote:

Yes, I agree, it is great to see this newspost, a fresh breath of air in these tight, tension filled times
It is noted

By lintweaker

Champion (312)

lintweaker's picture

20-10-2020, 08:35

Count me in. Hopefully in February things are -more- normal again.

By syn

Paragon (1983)

syn's picture

20-10-2020, 12:30

if coronas under control by then i'll join Big smile

By hamlet

Scribe (3260)

hamlet's picture

20-10-2020, 12:39

The first virus that harms our system. Crying
Let us see what time reveals. We will certainly be able to achieve a fantastic meeting under the given conditions.

By Briqunullus

Master (200)

Briqunullus's picture

20-10-2020, 13:41

It'll be all depending on the virus whether I'll be there. Just a question as I have never been there before, how about the space? Is it large? How many people have been visiting in the past?

By ray2day

Hero (567)

ray2day's picture

20-10-2020, 15:26

Ofcourse I will be there!

By Meits

Scribe (6044)

Meits's picture

20-10-2020, 16:23

Briqunullus wrote:

I suggest you be your own judge Smile
Photoshoot of last year.

By mth

Champion (496)

mth's picture

21-10-2020, 07:58

I would really like to come, but I'm not sure the Covid situation will improve that rapidly. I'll decide in February whether I'll go or not.

By Briqunullus

Master (200)

Briqunullus's picture

21-10-2020, 09:28

Meits wrote:

I suggest you be your own judge Smile
Photoshoot of last year.

Thanks. Now let's see what winter brings for the virus.

By Manuel

Ascended (17074)

Manuel's picture

21-10-2020, 10:58

With the amount of room available it should be easy to keep a 1.5m distance in any case. But we will have to see what the rules are in February.

By defdanny

Master (174)

defdanny's picture

21-10-2020, 12:27

I am really looking forward to this event!
Since I rediscovered the MSX system a few years ago, I planned to come to Nijmegen!
Corona virus should not be an excuse for me next year.

By warmize

Resident (60)

warmize's picture

21-10-2020, 15:55

I promise I will try to go to the first Nijmegen fair that is "pandemically" possible.

Good luck and see you soon!

By djh1697

Paragon (1496)

djh1697's picture

21-10-2020, 18:48

Who knows what travel arrangements will be in place from the UK next year? I might need a visa to visit Europe? I think if i am going to travel there I will know nearer the time, with all the corona stuff going on.

I hope the pound surges against the Euro also Wink Higher spending power Wink

By Wolverine_nl

Paragon (1128)

Wolverine_nl's picture

23-10-2020, 08:24

btw, I do love the graphic picture used for this news item ;-)

By ericb59

Paladin (1014)

ericb59's picture

23-10-2020, 19:15

I won't be there. Like every year! oO Eek!

Good luck to you, I have serious doubts about the health situation in February.

By djh1697

Paragon (1496)

djh1697's picture

30-10-2020, 01:46

The UK government might well be putting Leicester into Tier 3 lockdown, which means I don’t think i’ll Be able to travel anywhere, not even in the UK. I can’t make any plans ahead of time

By djh1697

Paragon (1496)

djh1697's picture

01-11-2020, 23:26

djh1697 wrote:

Now they are talking about locking us down for two months, no pubs or restaurants open! Not healthy for me? Still should be able save some pounds, but will travel bans be lifted? I was in London, saw the Eurostar trains, and just dreamed about travelling to Holland.... Sad